Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Life is Good.

Storypeople by Brian Andres


I have been thinking a lot lately about how happy and content I feel with life lately. We are living in a great new city, just bought a new home, Ron got a promotion and new job (still within HP), and we are expecting a new baby SOON! Our relationship is wonderful and strong. What more could I want? We have so much to look forward to in our lives.

The move up to Portland has been such a good thing. We were able to find a fabulous midwife, I have a great prenatal chiropractor, and have been going to a prenatal yoga class that I love. There are just so many resources here for parents! There are playgroups all the time, cloth diaper circles, babywearing lessons... even a baby/dad hiking group. I am looking forward to all the support when the baby arrives, and it will be a great way for us to meet other parents.

The pregnancy has been great, I'm feeling bigger every day. I'm not ready for baby to come yet because I am still enjoying feeling him/her inside my belly. We are constantly entertained watching my belly contort as the baby stretches. I'm looking forward to meeting it, but still not quite ready to end this pregnancy bit. I'm sure I'll feel differently in a few weeks when I hit maximum capacity! We had our homevisit last night with Ellie (the midwife) and Betsy (her aprentice) and all went well. I am 36 weeks along now... in the clear for our homebirth! Apparently I am healthy, have excellent pee, and baby is about 5 lbs. now with 3-4 weeks to go. He/she is in the perfect position and all looks good! This weekend we are all set to purchase any odds and ends for the baby/birth, and on Sunday we are taking a couples pre-natal workshop.

We're still unsure of when we will be able to move into our new home... more on that later!

No comments: