Thursday, September 14, 2006

Quick Post

So our computer is broken. again. It has been sent back to be repaired, but this means no pictures or long posts for awhile. Max and I are at the library now, typing one handed with him in the sling,and he's starting to squeal (his new thing) so this is quick! We have much to catch up on. Max now is doing a funny hop/crawl thing- he looks like a frog. But it means he can now get from point A to point B on his own! We have video that we will post when we get the computer back.

Next week we head down to California for my cousin Brittany's wedding and to see friends and family. We are looking forward to it.

I hate to post such sad news, but Paul passed away on Tuesday. Even though I knew it was a strong possability, the forever optimist in me really believed that he would pull through. It is a sad time, and I don't think it has really sunk in that he won't be there greeting me with "Ellie Belly!!!" next time we visit. It really makes me think about how important it is to let our loved ones know how much we care. I know the Porter family is one that is a good example of that- they always know how much they are loved and valued, and I know Paul knew that as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ellie, we remember your story about Paul and his family. We are so sorry to hear the bad news. Like Uncle Dick (my brother says) life is too short. Our thoughts and prays go out to the family also. Big Hugs and Love, Nana and Grandpa

UrbanHippieMama said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Paul. Our hearts are with you and his family.
love,
Breana & Rich